Two days ago, we held ELLE Style Awards for the 5th time. I can’t even begin to describe how successful an event this year’s show was. The best ELLE Style Awards EVER!
The theme was cabaret, but of course in an ELLE’ish way, think pink with lots of pastel feathers – we call it CabarELLE! 🙂
We’d turned the entire concert stage at the DR Koncerthuset into a stylish cabaret party with a pink carpet, a live band, a feather palm tree and small cabarets tables – to name a few of my favourite details of the event.
It’s not difficult to interpret CabarELLE at home for your own cabaret party. Here’s the five most essentials:
- An invitation with a dress code; feathers, sequins or cancan ruffles. Everyone secretly loves a theme party!
- Round bar tables with a tablecloths. Skip the chairs, this way your guests are forced to stand and then they might as well dance.
- A little lamp on the table instead of a candle to give it an authentic cabaret feeling.
- A party gimmick for goofy pictures, like masks or fans.
- Most importantly bubbles – no party without them!
Note to self: Try and avoid a red and black pallet, so your cabaret party doesn’t turn into a cheesy theme party 😉 You want it to be sophisticated and
For more inspiration check out the official hashtag #ellestyleawardsdk
OOTD: By Malene Birger dress and customized pouch, Gianvinto Rossi stilettoes