It’s the 4th. Sunday of advent and I’m spending the day with my family, more precisely my in-laws.
Like me my mother in-law has a soft spot for rice pudding so I’ve decided to make her my almond milk version, which consists of…
- Pudding rice
- Almond milk
- Coconut sugar
The pudding procedure:
- Heat 2 dl water in a pot and wait until it boils
- Once it boils pour 190 g rice into the pot and let it boil for about 2 min.
- Add a pinch of salt
- Pour 1 liter of almond milk into the pot and start stirring
- Once it cooks turn down the heat to the lowest temperature and let it slowly cook with the lid on for about 35 min.
- Keep an eye on the pudding and stir with a spoon every 5-10 min.
- The result should be a firm and creamy
The cinnamon (coconut-)sugar mix:
- Mix the coconut-sugar with the cinnamon. Beware that the coconut-sugar and cinnamon are the same color so I recommend that you test it before you sprinkle it on your pudding
The butter is the final, but key ingredient to the rice pudding. Be patience and let it melt before digging in into your bowl of Christmas 🙂