Unlike the previous years I’d asked the girls to bring one dish each, so it was less stressful for me. To make it easy for everybody I prepared a menu for them to pick a dish from.
- Crispy duck breasts – roasted on a pan and sliced
- Kale salad – with pears, orange, hazelnuts and a creamy dressing
- Red cabbage salad – with orange, arugula salad, almonds and a vinaigrette
- Christmas snacks – dates and nuts
- Apple fritters – with powder sugar and marmalade
- Mulled white wine aka. gløgg – a Danish Christmas tradition
It’s the first time I’ve hosted a ‘bring your own dish’ dinner, but defiantly not the last. Because even though I love cooking, I sometimes forget to acknowledge the fact that it takes a lot of time if you’re in charge of everything yourself. So this is my holiday tip; don’t be afraid to ask for help 🙂