The Danish weather is very unpredictable these days – one minute the sun shines, the next it rains – but I was so determent to sit outside last night (plus it was only a little drizzle), that we just moved the table so it was almost covered by the tip of the roof.
My drizzling dinner consisted of…
- A juicy monkfish that had been roasted in the oven and drizzled with olive oil, lemon, fresh herbs, salt and pepper.
- Fresh asparagus oven fried and drizzled with olive oil, lemon, salt, pepper and a little parmesan on top afterwards.
- Thin sliced parsnips oven fried and drizzled with olive oil, lemon, fresh herbs, salt and pepper.
- A green salad with roasted hazelnuts and a vinaigrette based on olive oil, white balsamic, lemon juice, honey and a pinch of mustard.
- Oven fried rye bread with – yes you guessed it, a drizzle of olive oil and salt.
In case you’re in doubt, olive oil is essential for this menu (LOL) and a glass of Chablis is necessary! All in all it didn’t take more than an hour to prepare.