Last night I had the perfect opportunity to be a hostess – my birthday. I celebrated it with some of my dearest friends with an intimate dinner at my place. Because it was on a weekday and everybody had to get up early the day after, I made a light dinner consisting only of side dishes…
- Sliced aubergine turned in olive oil and baked in the oven with honey and lemon peel and fried and chopped almonds on top
- Asparagus turned in olive oil and baked in the oven with lemon juice
- Fresh figs with torn mozzarella, basil, balsamic and olive oil
- Carrots with fresh thyme turned in olive oil and baked in the oven
- Avocado ceviche with olive oil, lemon and parsley op top
- Cut fennel with fresh peas and goat cheese turned in vinaigrette and with parsley on top
- Pulled chicken from a roasted chicken in the oven with green leaves, thin sliced apples, chunks of parmesan and fresh thyme and turned in vinaigrette
My favourite dish was the fig salad… just because it is so fresh here in the summer and yesterday was such a hot day – thanks to me no doubt!
All the vegetables I bought from my local grocer shop just next door to me, except for the cheese which I got
The plates, bowls and servings are from Royal Copenhagen‘s black and white fluted collection.